Our Reference range offers the very best that can be achieved in accuracy and musicality. We are honored that these models are some of the most awarded loudspeakers in the world. Designed without compromise, their singular aim is transporting listeners into the heart of the music.
Celebrating the twentieth anniversary of YG Acoustics, XX 3 is a unique product: an ultimate performance loudspeaker that will redefine what you think is possible. Benefitting from the latest in driver and crossover technology, it offers the highest possible sound quality from a single tower design. It is an acoustic, scientific and engineering marvel.
The XX 3 delivers incredible accuracy and realism from the deepest bass to the highest treble: the finest micro-details placed exactly in a broad and deep holographic audio space; unmatched scale and faultless timing. Each channel has our revolutionary Lattice tweeter and seven BilletCore drivers, all driven by our most extreme Ultracoherent crossover.
The Reference 3 models include new technologies and design innovations based on novel theoretical models, detailed multi-domain simulations and thousands of hours of listening. The end result: loudspeakers which convey every nuance of emotion, each musical cue from the tiniest micro-detail to the visceral impact of the most thunderous crescendo.
An entirely new, hybrid Lattice tweeter uses a novel airframe in a specially-selected aerospace alloy, machined by YG Acoustics. It delivers exceptionally low distortion over a huge bandwidth, with wide angular dispersion to support a large sweet-spot.
Groundbreaking, third-generation Ultracoherent crossovers apply a deep understanding from simulation to deliver performance never before possible.
Our BilletCore drivers use advanced motors and cones machined in-house from solid billet, offering some of the highest performance and lowest distortion in any driver available today.
- 4-way passive floor-standing loudspeaker
- Dual-layer and triple-layer, aerospace aluminum cabinet with constrained layer damping
- Lattice hybrid tweeter with advanced airframe
- Dual 15 cm (6”) BilletCore drivers with advanced neodymium motor magnets
- Triple 18.5 cm (7.25”) BilletCore drivers with advanced neodymium motor magnets
- Dual 28 cm (11”) BilletCore drivers with ultra-high field strength motor
- Ultracoherent crossovers at 90 Hz, 360 Hz and 1.85 kHz
- Exceptional phase alignment over very wide frequency range around crossover point
- Optimized for frequency response, phase alignment, phase slope and transient response
- Silver gold alloy capacitors
- Custom capacitors including pure metal foil models
- Advanced resistors including multiple manganin foil resistors
- Advanced resonance-damped inductors
- Computationally optimised layouts to minimise component interactions
- Custom, anti-resonance PCB with low dielectric constant and dissipation factor
- Usable output extends from below 20 Hz to 40 kHz
- Exceptionally low distortion throughout range
- Excellent pair matching
- 88 dB
- 4 Ohms average
- 2.8 Ohms minimum
- 148 × 35 × 64 cm (H × W × D)
- 58 × 14 × 25” (H × W × D)
- 170 kg per speaker
- 374 lbs per speaker
- Standard finishes are silver and black
- Please contact your dealer for other finish options